How to detail your engine?
Is cleaning your engine bay worth it? Many people have asked this question; the short answer is yes.
Engine bay cleaning is a must for any car. If you clean your car engine regularly, you can identify problems that can affect your vehicle's performance. Plus, you can prevent dirt, gunk, and other debris from damaging your engine's appearance.
We take the extra needed steps and attention when cleaning your vehicle's engine bay. We make sure any exposed critical components such air intakes, battery, and alternator are covered. Then lightly apply water to pre-rinse, very light spray with degreasing agent, and scrubbing necessary areas. Lightly spray engine bay with water to remove cleaning agent, and then dry-off areas with towels and air blower. After Engine is dry and inspected, then apply dressing to bring shine and beauty.
- 1 Wheel Bucket
- 1 Wheel Rim brush
- 1 Wheel face brush
- 1 Lug Nut Detail brush
- 1 Pump sprayer with diluted Degreaser
- 1 Trim Shine
- 1 Miscellaneous towel for wheel
- 1 Air Dryer or Blower
1) Wear gloves
3) Make sure all the caps and lids are properly sealed and that the engine oil dipstick isn’t loose.
4) If you have an older car (prior to 2007) make sure you cover any exposed with plastic bags or wrap them with aluminum foil: alternator, distributor, electrical components, exposed air filters, etc.
5) When you’re done detailing the engine bay, start the engine up and let the car run for a couple of minutes to dry any residual water that might still be in the engine bay.
►Engine bay detailing steps:
1) Spray your favorite degreaser on the underside of the hood and let it dwell for a couple of minutes. Use brushes to clean the underside of the hood.
3) Rinse the engine bay to remove loose dirt and contaminants.
4) Spray your favorite degreaser in the engine bay and let it dwell for a couple of minutes.
5) Clean the engine bay with brushes.
7) Dry the engine bay using either microfiber drying towels or air dryers/leaf blowers. Make sure it’s completely dry.
8) Detail the engine bay by applying a dressing to restore faded plastics and give it that brilliant shine and freshly detailed look.
If you are interested in booking Engine Bay Detail, please click on link below for more information: